One of my best lenses — the Nikkor AFS 17-35mm 2.8. Why did I choose this over the the other highly-praised lenses, the Nikkor AFS 14-24mm 2.8 or the Nikkor AFS 16-35mm 4 VR?
1. Ability to take 77mm screw-in filters vs. the 14-24mm.
2. Ability to go to F/2.8 (yes I shoot this lens at F/2.8) vs. the 16-35mm’s F/4.
3. Ability to be transported easier with less weight and bulk vs either of the lenses. And note that I always have reservations regarding the exposed big front element of the 14-24mm while working on important shoots.
4. Ability to go to 35mm is better than the 24mm max of the 14-24mm.
5. Pairs up nicely with the Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VRII.
Photographer’s note: F/11, 2 sec, ISO 100, Nikon D3, Nikkor AFS 17-35mm 2.8, Benro C-298 tripod
Photographer’s note: F/4, 1/80, ISO 320, Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 17-35mm 2.8, SB-800, Pocketwizard Plus II
Feel free to interact with my blog articles, either by adding a comment below this article, or drop me an email. Thanks for reading! Keep clickin’ -Kindest, Dave